Home Care Services designed to maintain independence and dignity at home.


Not everyone is ready to move out of the family home. A Home Care Service helps you to remain living independent in your own home by providing a co-ordinated service tailored to meet your specific care needs.

Our qualified and committed care staff work with you to create a care package to meet your own specific needs. For example:


  • PERSONAL SERVICES: personal grooming, hygiene, dressing and mobility.
  • SUPPORT SERVICES: washing, ironing, house cleaning, gardening, home maintenance, home modifications related to care needs, transport, shopping, medical appointments and social activities.
  • CLINICAL CARE: medical, nursing, wound care.
  • OTHER SERVICES: aids and equipment to assist with mobility, communication and personal safety.

How do I get a Home Care Service?

Contact us and we will advise you on the eligibility criteria, the availability of the Packages and the processes involved. There is no minimum age for accessing a Home Care Service, but you will need to be assessed as eligible by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). It’s not a complicated process and we can help you with any assistance you might need.

What types of packages are available?

There are four levels of Home Care Services which are designed to give you the care you need:

What if I have additional needs?

Quambie Park can assist you to access supplements that are available to make sure you receive the care you need, which can include:

  • Dementia and Cognition Supplement
  • Veterans’ Supplement for veterans with service-related mental health conditions accepted by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Oxygen Supplement for people with an ongoing medical need for oxygen
  • Enteral Feeding Supplement for people who need enteral feeding on an ongoing basis.


These supplements are available with any of the four levels of Home Care Services. If you are eligible, we will receive some extra funding to make sure you receive the care you need. You do not need to apply for these supplements. We will apply on your behalf.

What is a Home Care Agreement?

All people receiving care under a Home Care Service must be offered a Home Care Agreement. This is an agreement between you and Quambie Park that sets out what care and services you have chosen.

The government will pay us your funds and we will hold your funds until we purchase the items or services we both agreed to in the Home Care Agreement.

What is Consumer Directed Care?

Home Care Services are delivered on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis. CDC gives you more choice and control over the types of care and services you receive, how care is delivered and who delivers it to you.

Under CDC, you determine the level of involvement you would like to have in managing your own package. You will be provided with a personalised budget so that you can see how much funding is available for services and how the money is being spent.

Who pays for Home Care Services?

The Australian Government.  Some other organisations will also charge you a daily fee, however Quambie Park provides the service free of charge.

Quambie Park